RICS Building Surveys
Whether you need a mortgage or you are a cash buyer, you will want to make sure that the property you buy will not give you any nasty surprises. You cannot rely on a mortgage report to give you a detailed picture of the condition of your property.
Both the Council of Mortgage Lenders and the Consumers’ Association recommend that you obtain an independent survey by a chartered surveyor.
You have the choice of these types of reports, all available from Winfields.
RICS HomeBuyer Report
The most popular survey
Choose this report if you need more extensive information whilst buying or selling a conventional house, flat or bungalow, built from common building materials and in reasonable condition.
- All of the features in the Condition Report;
- The surveyor’s professional opinion on the ‘market value’ of the property;
- An insurance reinstatement figure for the property;
- A list of problems that the surveyor considers may affect the value of the property;
- Advice on repairs and ongoing maintenance;
- Issues that need to be investigate to prevent serious damage or dangerous conditions;
- Legal issues that need to be addressed before completing your purchase; and
- Information on location, local environment and the recorded energy efficiency (where available)
RICS Building Survey
Choose the Building Survey (formally called a structural survey) if you’re dealing with a large, older or run-down property, a building that is unusual or altered, or if you’re planning major works. It costs more than the other RICS reports because it gives detailed information about the structure and fabric of the property.
The RICS Building Survey uses the same traffic light ratings as the Condition and HomeBuyer Reports. It also includes;
- A more thorough inspection and detailed report on a wider range of issues;
- A description of visible defects and potential problems caused by hidden flaws;
- An outline of repair options and the likely consequences of inactivity; and
- Advice for your legal advisers and details of serious risks and dangerous conditions.
We want to hear from you today…
Contact us at your nearest branch below!
Henleaze Business Centre,
13 Harbury Road, Henleaze,
Bristol BS9 4PN
Tel: 01172 872199
Exeter EX2 8QR
Tel: 01392 984364
24-26 George Place,
Plymouth PL1 3NY
Tel: 01752 936567
Want to know more?...
Want more information on Winfields Chartered Surveyors South West?
Provide us your details below and we can aid you further in Surveys and Valuations and all our other surveying services